The PIEPS BACKUP is a mini-transmitter that is worn directly on the body in conjunction with your beacon and only transmits in an emergency.
Therefore PIEPS provides the first 100% solution in case of a secondary avalanche.
- BACKUP can be received from every standard beacon
- Active search and rescue operations are never influenced
- May be used only in combination with a beacon (EN300718)
- BACKUP detects an emergency (“no motion“ and “ no transmitting beacon nearby“): Only then the PIEPS BACKUP starts to transmit!
- Transmission frequency: 457 kHz (EN 300718)
- Power supply: 1 battery, Alcaline (AA)
- Battery lifetime: 150 h check-mode + 1 h emergency-mode
- Temperature range: -20°C to +45°C
- Weight: 70 g (incl. battery)
- Dimensions: 62 x 47 x 19 mm